A Believer can get a pretty bad rap sometimes. But, eh, it's
all good. I, personally, didn't join the group hoping for the Most Popular
Vote. There can be a lot of name-calling. But, for the most part, I can
understand where it's coming from.
Crazy and
Weirdo, meh, I hear it all the time. It's cool, I can take it because the fact
is anyone who doesn't act, live, or believe like the next guy is "a crazy"
or "a weirdo." No harm done.
Even the
derogatory name-calling I can come to terms with because it's just a more
"adult," more "evolved" version of kids on the playground.
I could take it then, I can take it now.
Most snide
comments directed towards Believers I can pretty much live with, but there's
one that's never made sense to me. Blind Obedience. Now I know, this is some
standard name-calling. This one's heard as often as "Weirdo" and "Crazy." And I'm
pretty certain that both parties, Name-caller and Believer, have embraced this
one as acceptable. But it just doesn't make any sense! Walk with me to the
produce aisle, and don't worry, I have some alternatives so it's not a total
loss.
Blind
Obedience sounds like I've covered my eyes and am playing some kind of
Marc-O-Polo game.
"Exactly!"
hollers the guy in the back, hi-fiving his buddies. Yah, yah, hear me out.
So in this
Blind-O-Bedience game I cover my eyes and somebody, somewhere calls out a rule
and I stumble around, tripping trying to obey it....?
Name-callers,
give me some credit! When I hear a rule, I don't close my eyes and try to avoid
the wall. I hear jump and I jump. I hear sit and I sit. The only deviance is my own decision to say,
"Nah, that's not for me."
Call me
"Follower" if you want, cuz I most certainly am
following. Or if someone wants to say, "Obeying too much, BOOOOO!" I
get it, Obey, that's what I do.
But Blind? That's suggesting I gave up one
of my 5 senses while obeying. Nah. I'm most definitely using all my senses in order to do everything
I'm told.
Call it
"Brainless Obedience." That makes a little more sense. Because, you
see, we have this Trump Card called Spirit. So when our Spirit Trump Card looks
like Brainless Obedience, I can see that. But there's a pretty sweet exchange
when using this Spirit Trump Card. If we use it we have access to a higher
power. Now, don't be jealous, name-callers, because it's pretty much like a
Jedi Knight using The Force. So it's pretty worth it.
Anyways,
I signed up for a belief that doesn't give up senses, it offers another sense. I'm like M. Night
Shyamalan's boy from Sixth Sense.
Moving
mountains with enough faith? That sounds like Jedi training.
Having the Holy
Spirit to discern and protect? That's Shyamalan style.
Blind folds
didn't come at the baptism. No, no, try "The Force-slash-Sixth Sense."
So take me
to the crazy house, yell "Brainless Obedience" like you mean it, sing "Boo Obeying," taunt "Follower" at me with your
tongue sticking out, because Blind Obedience just isn't doin' it for me anymore.
Lets see
some intelligent bullying on this evolved, adult playground, come on people.
Or
not.

That's my girl!
ReplyDeleteI learned from the best!
ReplyDelete